Proffitt is my family name. My great great great great great great great grandfather is Silvester Proffitt and he was quite a trouble maker. Disrupting the status quo is part of my family history so innovation runs in my blood. The purpose of this site is to share knowledge I’ve gained which, I believe, is crucial to getting through the major economic, technological, and social transition happening in the world. My goal is to teach people how to bridge the gap between scarcity and the abundance that is now possible.
From leading an unusually exciting and varied life I’ve come into contact with people and information that is rare for an individual. One of the things I’ve learned is a comprehensive method for predicting future innovation. Some of the method is from my own research but the foundations come from Len Kaplan who really deserves the credit for the major discoveries.
Having the ability to predict future innovations will become increasingly important as the pace of global change increases. During the last 20 years the world passed a point in development of technology that has sent the exponential growth of knowledge sky rocketing. For people who are unprepared to handle this change things will get increasingly difficult. I hope to ease the difficulty by spreading the knowledge I have.
Silicon Valley veteran with over 25 years experience creating new technologies and technology companies including working with Microsoft, Apple, Hewlett Packard, & Nintendo. Started my first business at age 12, mowing lawns & shoveling snow. Used the profits to buy a personal computer & teach myself to program computers. Escaped public schools and started college at age 14. By age 16 was programming professionally with a start up that developed the first statistical quality control software used by General Motors. Completed degrees in business & computer science while working in the software industry. In 1992 left work on a PhD at University of Michigan to work at Apple Computer in Silicon Valley and lay the foundations for what we now consider the web. While in Silicon Valley helped many companies create & bring many new products to market. Throughout all of that producing concerts, wrote music and worked on small films & theater. In 2001 teamed with open source developer & creator of BitTornado, “The Shad0w”, to develop new business models & technology that is driving the current changes in worldwide media distribution.
- Apple’s VITAL Software Development Methodology forming the basis for several Rapid Application Development methods including Agile
- Integrated the first use of world wide web technology at Hewlett Packard in 1994
- Designed and led team to develop QuadraMed’s ClaimStar for Windows, which contributed to the companies stock increasing 500% in 3 years.
- Designed & developed the Virtual Reality Engine used by Spectrum Holo Byte on games like Top Gun & Falcon 4
- Oversaw first global dual TV & Internet video broadcast reaching one billion viewers
- Authored the general business certification exam for the online testing company BrainBench.com
- Developed First Statistical Process Control system in a US automotive plant, a precursor to 6-Sigma
- Designed Finger Print Tracking System for the INS, identifying $5 million in annual savings
- Produced How-to-Do Girls: Bikini Calculus DVD and Top 100 Most Popular Viral Video of All Time according to iFilm.com
- Taught Predictive Innovation on 4 continents.
Meyer’s Briggs Personality
|Extroverted (E) 79%||Introverted (I) 21%|
|Intuitive (N) 77%||Sensing (S) 23%|
|Thinking (T) 100%||Feeling (F) 0%|
|Perceiving (P) 73%||Judging (J) 27%|
Rainmaker / Creativity Index
Rainmaker Index: 80
Range is -110 to 116
Creativity Index: 398.5
Range is -84.5 to 547.5
Rainmaker / Creativity Calculator